Home

Monday, October 29, 2012

Loving the Journey...

As I'm sure most of you are aware, we are experiencing some severe weather here on the East Coast (thanks Hurricane Sandy). I'm not complaining too much though, as it does give us an extra day to rest and relax; which I personally, desperately need at the moment. I'm also using some of this time to consider my next steps. 

New York has been great; but I am starting to feel restless. I'm considering my options and putting great thought into what I would like to do next. I've put in an application to volunteer at a wildlife preserve in South Africa this summer and am considering simplifying life considerably and moving to Vermont in the fall - renting a little cottage, working part-time and concentrating on the things I love doing (a sabbatical of sorts). If not now - when, right?

In all honesty, I do miss Virginia, but I don't think its time to go back yet. There are still some things I need to see and experience. I feel a little like the leaves blowing outside my window - I'm floating, not sure where I'm going to end up. I'll guess I'll get there eventually. Right now, I'm staying excited for the journey and learning to love the process.

Until next time...
Take your risks now, as you grow older you become more fearful and less flexible.
                                                                                           -Amy Poehler

No comments:

Post a Comment