Home

Sunday, October 7, 2012

If Not Now, When?

It's been a busy weekend and I was really looking forward to a lazy Sunday. That being said...I'm not sure how I found myself running on a high school track at 7:00 this morning. 

Those of you that know me, know that I am NOT a runner. In fact, it has always been one of my least favorite things to do in the world. So much so, that if I was being chased by a bear, I would seriously have to debate whether to run for my life or fall down and play dead.

But I digress...back to this morning...

When my mother invited me to go running this morning, I wanted to decline, roll over and go back to sleep; but I decided to get up because I've been all about trying new experiences lately. "Who knows," I thought, "maybe I'll get out there and decide I love it."

Well, I did not decide I loved running; but it was not as bad as I thought it would be...in fact, I will admit (grudgingly), I felt really good afterward. I then proceeded to come home and complete an at home cross-fit work out, which maaayyy have been a bit too much after this morning's foray around the track, but hey, you live and you learn right? The point is, I tried something new; something I never thought I could even remotely enjoy and discovered that it really wasn't that bad. 

We all know, doing the same thing day after day and expecting different results is the definition of madness. If we want something different for our lives, we must be willing to branch out and do things differently than we always have. 

I recently read the following quote by Colin Wright:

You have exactly one life in which to do everything you'll ever do. Act accordingly.

I am reminding myself of this everyday. Life is a series of moments called now. Don't wait for tomorrow to live the life you've always envisioned                                                                       







No comments:

Post a Comment