Home

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Wickedly Amazing!

Yesterday was a good day.

Back in April my parents and sister got together and bought me tickets to the Broadway musical  Wicked. Because we knew I'd be here in the city for the month of July, they bought the tickets for this weekend. After much excited waiting [on my part]; yesterday was the day. To say the show was fantastic would be a vast understatement. I have owned the original cast soundtrack for a few years, and found many of the songs so inspiring, but there is truly nothing like seeing it all played out on stage. I have to admit, I shed a tear during a couple of scenes (smile).

The underlying message of the musical is one of hope and perseverance...literally going from a place of sorrow and shame to watching your dreams become reality. And although the story is fiction, it reminded me that in life; anything is possible if we're willing to stand up for our dreams and what we believe to be true.

Dream and believe...






No comments:

Post a Comment