Home

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Oh, life...

Are you really happy or just really comfortable?

This is a question I've been asking myself for months. I've moved back to Virginia, where I have again started teaching; and where I am again finding myself drowning in school related "stuff" and therefore putting all the things I dream of constantly and long to pursue on the back burner.

When I made the decision to leave New York and come back to Virginia; I tried to justify it with:
"Virginia is less expensive." "The pace is less hectic." "I'll have more time to pursue the things that make me happy."

Well, to tell the truth, only one-third of these has turned out to be true; and now I'm kicking myself in the butt, reevaluating my decision and coming to terms with the reason I chose Virginia - it was COMFORTABLE

And now while I watch friends get married and have babies, travel and go on great adventures, I find myself thinking, "I had plans." I was going to move to the West Coast, pursue my art, do some yoga, and really LIVE - and yet, I find where I am is a far cry from where I had planned to be. So what to do now? I'm not entirely sure; and while that is somewhat frustrating and unsettling, I realize it's also okay.

We must get comfortable with feeling uncomfortable for it's that discomfort that propels us into action and forward into the life we've imagined.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment