Home

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful

“Your biopsies tested positive for lymphoma.” Those were the last words I heard before I lost all sense of time and space on that sunny day in late September 2010. I have a condition called crohn’s disease and had gone in for a routine check-up when I received the news that would turn my life upside down.

Looking back, I am thankful for my diagnosis. It set me on a path of self discovery that I might not have had the courage to take otherwise. It showed me how truly strong the human spirit can be and how certain aspects of life suddenly become very clear when one is faced with their own mortality.

As I enter 2012, I am in remission from cancer. I am controlling the crohn’s with diet. I don’t take ANY medication.

My journey of self discovery continues. This year I plan to live life to the utmost. I feel better physically than I have in years and I plan to take full advantage of that feeling. I am going to travel, draw, read, and play with my dog. I am going to sit outside and feel the sun on my face. I’m going to get my yoga teacher certification. I’m not going to let the small stuff in life get to me, because when you look at the big picture; it’s all small stuff.

I recently read a quote that said;
The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days waiting for better ones ahead.

In 2012 I fully intend to move full speed ahead into the joy that is life, continuously moving forward sans fear or regret.

My wish for you is that you are able to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment